As many of our listeners are new to podcasts, We’ve created this little easy to follow guide to help get you to the point where you can fill your ears with Dark Poutine (and other podcasts). There are multiple ways to hear the latest episode or binge listen to our back catalog. If you have a computer, a tablet or a smart phone, you’re on your way. Just choose the one that’s simplest for you and your needs.
If you want to listen on your PC or Mac computer
Using a web browser (Microsoft Edge, MS Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari:
- Go to DarkPoutine.com and choose an episode to listen to. Simply click the play button on the player for each episode which will appear in different blog posts:
- Use an online podcatcher like TuneIn, Stitcher, GooglePlay, Spotify, where you can find other podcasts too. The links for Dark Poutine are:
- If you prefer using an application you can hear us on Spotify or iTunes applications.
- You can listen to our show on Facebook and YouTube. Links are as follows:
If you want to listen using your smart phone or tablet (Android or iPhone) there are many apps
We’ll list the most popular and highest rated apps for both types of device. Once installed, all you need to do is search for Dark Poutine in the app and hit subscribe when you find us. Here are just a few apps people use:
- Apple Podcasts App (FREE) – the iPhone & iPad native iOS application. Although it is the grandfather of all podcast apps it seems to be difficult to navigate and you may not be able to easily find all the episodes of each podcast in the app.
- Google Podcasts App (FREE) – brand new for Android devices. You can grab it right here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.podcasts
- CastBox (FREE) – Apple download and Android download
- Overcast (FREE) – Apple iPad and iPhone. https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/overcast/id888422857?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Podcast Addict (FREE) – Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bambuna.podcastaddict&hl=en
- Downcast ($3.99 CDN) – Apple devices only https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/downcast/id393858566?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Spotify (FREEMIUM) – You can get it for Android or Apple devices, but there will be Spotify ads every once in a while unless you pay for a premium account.
- PocketCasts ($5.49 CDN) – This is my favourite, but a lot of the free ones are just as easy to use.
Most cars newer than 2010 will offer a way to connect you smart phone to the vehicle, usually via bluetooth or USB connection. Follow the car manufacturer’s setup instructions and you can take podcasts on the go with you.
Podcasts are great for commutes using trains or buses too. Just put in your headphones and go.